We are presently recruiting for the following positions:
Conservation Communications Intern
Position Description: The conservation communications intern will work closely with the communications manager to design, develop and complete a social media, print and video project designed to raise awareness of 22 sites protected by the Adirondack Land Trust where public access is permitted. The intern will help shape and tell stories about recreational spaces, scenic vistas, and places protected to preserve forest connectivity and wildlife habitat. This is an opportunity for a student wishing to combine a love of the outdoors with a need to deepen understanding of conservation and gain experience in communications and social media.
- Travel to each ALT-protected public site to experience it and collect photographs and video
- Design a social media campaign to showcase these spaces over a sustained period of time
- Develop a “top ten” list of the most appropriate sites for recreational use, and create a summary PDF (or other piece) for web and print distribution
- Work with ALT staff to develop digital/online story maps
Learning Outcomes: Over the course of the summer, the intern will
- Gain a deep awareness of on-the-ground conservation work, which can be applied to other environmental or outdoor work in the future
- Learn how to create and measure the success of a sustained social media campaign
- Use photographs and video to create compelling messages
- Develop materials that inspire support for conservation and assist in fundraising
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position open until filled.